Diving and snorkeling destinations in Thailand: Ko Chang Island
Ko Chang (Koh Chang)
Situated in the east of Siam in the province of Trat neighboring Cambodia, the picturesque tropical island of Koh Chang (Ko Chang) is Thailand's second largest island after Phuket. It is a tropical marine national park, and it is considered to be the best preserved tourist holiday destination in Thailand. It's quite a time since Koh Chang has evolved from a remote backpackers island to easily accessible, comfortable holiday island.
Travel Secrets Guide - Travel at low cost to do some surfing or whatever you are into.
Travel Agent Secrets - Learn secrets to getting discounts on airfares and tours for your favorite extreme sport.
Diving and snorkeling
Even if Ko Chang can't boast any special sites to satisfy the tastes of avid snorkelers, some snorkeling places are available within the easy reach by boat or yacht on the adjacent islands.
The best scuba dive sites of Ko Chang stretch from the southern coast to the island of Ko Kut. Divers and snorkelers will be fascinated by the view of some colorful coral reefs residing at the depths of 5 to 18 meters that are normally well visible with the exception of the period of rainy season, when the visibility can be poor. The best recommended time to visit covers months from November to April, when the water is remarkably warm and transparent.
These can be found offering training practically everywhere, and nearly all of them offer PADI certification. Prices range from $80 to $280 per person. Some of the scuba diving centers are:
- Scandinavian Chang Diving Center, 21/17 Moo 4 Klong Prao Beach 23170 Koh Chang Trat. Phone number: +66 89 4013927.
- Ploy Scuba diving, Bang Bao 23170 Koh Chang. Phone: +66 681 4511387, cell phone: +66 681 4511387. Training: PADI, 3 instructors, Languages: Dutch, English, French, German, Spanish, Swedish, Thai.
- The Dive (Trat). Cell phone number: +66 89 1593689, E-Mail: email@example.com. Training: PADI, Number of instructors: 4. Languages spoken: Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai.
- Koh Chang Waterworld, Koh Chang Plaza A1-A2 23170 Trat, call: +66 06 1391117.
- Dolphin Divers, 38/7 moo4 klongproaw kohchang trat 23170 Koh Chang, phone number: +66 39 557030.
- OK Diving
- Seahorse Dive Center
- Eco Divers
- Paradise Scuba Divers Koh Chang
- Koh Chang Divers
Make sure that you try the tranquility of a tropical Koh Chang vacation at the idyllic Siam Beach resort hotel: Siam Beach Resort, 100/1 Moo 4, Lonely Beach, Koh Chang Island, Trat, 23170 Thailand. Information & Reservations: +66(0)87-0265515 * Fax: +66-(0)2-417-1948 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Luxurious Koh Chang Pool Villas
Since October of 2007, brand new Siam Beach Resort Pool Villas offer guests everything they need for a romantic and private Beach vacation, while they can remain in touch with the world and will be able to explore and enjoy all that Koh Chang island has to offer. For information and reservations call +66-87-0265515, or fax +66-2417-1948.
* * *
For avid travelers and lovers of adventures: single and double person San Diego Kayak Tours is something new you might wish to try. Review comes soon.